Tuesday 12 April 2016

Rhianna Phone Case Inspired by Tim Marrs Design

Firstly I opened my image up onto Photoshop to a new file. I cropped the image to size using the cropping tool on Photoshop using only the part of the image I wanted. I ensured that the image was the correct size/ capacity to fit the file and once that was complete I locked the image so that if any errors were made in the process I always had my original background I could go back to if necessary withput any changes or edits on.  
I then made a copy of the layer and this time experimented using the different editing filters and tools such as brightness, saturation, black and white etc. The most drastic tool I used to enhance my image was by using the contrasting tool, by having a higher contrast made the colours look more dramatic and stand out by making the black colours in the image darker and the whites brighter.  


I created  a new layer for when I opened the next image; which was an image of Rhianna. I dragged the image to the size I wanted; keeping hold of the shift key whilst I  dragged the image, so that the size of it wasn't distorted and kept its shape so the image was in proportion and not stretched. I used a range of tools and filters to enhance the colours under the "adjustments" tab. I dragged the "opacity" and "fill" tools along the scale to find the best number so that the layers were blended together nicely.  I reduced the opacity and fill significantly to make the image more transparent so you could clearly see everything in the whole image including the background and the microphone. To complete the image and make it more blended I used the feather tool using faint brushes to gradually blend in the corners and lines in the picture to match the background. I changed the size of the feathering brush to give more subtle stroke and make the blending look more natural.   

Used the erasing tool to get rid of "sdc" and screws to make the look more professional and less distracting more focus on other parts of the image (main subject Rhianna). Then played around with the bright//contrasting/ocaption and fill crop tool use of colour and fonts find out name for the cut out using the tool magic wand to cut round the microphone to get ride of the unnecessary background just keeping the microphone. In evaluation overall I stuck to a limited colour plate mainly using reds which stands pout against the black, and used editing tools to enhance the reds and make her red nails, hair and lips stand put. I thought this was effective because Rhianna is known for red and my case reflects this. 

I used a selected colour of paints which I felt best suited the Rhianna/Tim Marrs theme and using different paint brush and sponge techniques created a variety of patterns and techniques which I could later incorporate into my phone case design as a background to give more textures and an urban, edgy feel to the design.

Took a picture of painting opened up in illustrator then blended it in with the image made it whole size of image. Then played around with colour effects of the paint design to see which one best matched Tim Marrs theme (who is my inspirational artist for my design).



No comments:

Post a Comment