Tuesday 17 May 2016

Workshop Three: Final Outcome





Inspirational Typography



Ross Crawford is an award-winning creative mastermind who comfortably straddles the visual disciplines of illustration, graphic design and typography, a diversity that has brought his talent to bear on numerous branding, fashion and advertising projects at home and abroad.

I thought I'd do something different with this design and do typography instead so I have a variety in my designs. I hand drew with a pencil the type of typography writing style I would like my design to have, then when over it with a black pen to make the lines clearer and make sure no colours ran when opened it up in Photoshop. As my artist I am promoting is Rhianna, I chose to use the lyrics of one of the new songs from her new album as I felt this would sell well amount my audience as it is fresh and new in the charts, promoting the sales of my phone case.
I used Photoshop I create my design and found an image of cartoon lips on google and opened it up into Photoshop; again sticking with the red theme of Rhianna. Then I opened up my drawn lyrics onto Photoshop and used the wand tool to cut out the words and place them onto design. Then used the place tool to rotate and centralise the write, ending by blending the two layers together and changing the colour of the text to black to stand out against the bright red in my design.  

The main influence in all of my designs is Tim Marrs as he offers a quirky, fun and adventurous feel to all his design and I feel I have reiterated this in my designs. An area I feel I could have improved on is being more adventurous and thinking outside the box more with my typography design, perhaps placing the letters in a funky style and layout; maybe creating an image like the elephant design above to make it look more interesting and stand  out against other typography designs. I feel like my final outcome is successful because it clearly reflects my artists with lyrics and colours (red), fitting in with current trends and themes. Moreover since her new album "Anti" has just been released the sales of my case will be higher as it's fresh and popular amongst my target audience in the charts now, therefore benefits me as it's relevant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment