Tuesday 6 October 2015

Kate Moross

Who is Kate Moross?
Kate Moross is a rising contemporary London-based graphic designer, illustrator and art director. She is recognized for her typographic illustrations. She has been profiled in Grafik Magazine, Dazed & Confused, Vice magazine and Creative Review, who selected her for a Creative Future award in 2007. 
At the age of twenty-six she has achieved a prominent position in the world of designing. She is currently the art director of Studio Moross. Her designs follow a certain pattern such as three sided shapes, illegible typography and she is fond of free-form lettering.
How is the picture effective?
The large triangles are all pointing towards the shoes making that the viewers main subject point. The bright colour of the laces intertwined with the black and white background creates a contrast, also as it is the same colour as the writing highlighting the brand it helps it stand out. This specfic design is abstract and cartoon like making it look fun and authentic, helping it appeal to a younger, teenage audience. By making the design all focus around the shoes it helps promote the product and increase the sales, therefore you can tell this design was used for advertising converse.
Other examples of her work:
As you can see Kate Moross style of artwork is allays, bold, brightly coloured and upbeat with lots of abstract things going on filled with over lapping shoes and random patterns which makes her work stand out and look intriguing against other artists work.


This is my integration of Kate Moross's work, I designed a ten year plan of what I saw myself doing and achieving over the net ten years. I hand drew with a pencil designs and filled in the space with random patterns. Once I had finished the drawing side of my design I went round it with a black pen so that when I opened my deign up in Photoshop none of the colours ran into each other when I was using a range of colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment